The Mission of the Assessor's Office is to discover, list, and value all taxable and exempt property in the Town of North Kingstown, to ensure that assessments are made properly and uniformly, and that the tax roll when complete is a true and accurate account of all ratable property.
The primary role of the Assessor is to ensure fair and equitable taxation by providing the valuation for all real estate, motor vehicle and tangible personal property in the Town of North Kingstown. Additionally, the Assessor's office serves to administer exemptions, abatements and prepare tax rolls as dictated by state and local statues.
This page contains answers to commonly asked questions handled by our Tax Assessment and Collection staff regarding property taxes. If you need further information, please call Tax Assessment at 401-268-1531 for Tax Collection 401-294-3331, Ext. 147 or Ext. 146
- How often does the Town conduct a revaluation of real estate?
- I escrow my taxes. Is this real estate tax bill that I received a duplicate copy?
- I escrow my taxes or I have refinanced my mortgage or my mortgage has been sold and I am escrowing with a different company now. What should I do about my tax bill?
- Can you provide some information about the Town's Elderly Tax Relief programs?
- What if a payment is late?
- What is the current tax rate?
- What periods do the tax bills cover?
- When are payments due?
- When can I appeal motor vehicle taxes? Real estate / tangible taxes?
- Why did I get a motor vehicle tax bill for a car I don't own anymore?