The Mission of the Assessor's Office is to discover, list, and value all taxable and exempt property in the Town of North Kingstown, to ensure that assessments are made properly and uniformly, and that the tax roll when complete is a true and accurate account of all ratable property.
The primary role of the Assessor is to ensure fair and equitable taxation by providing the valuation for all real estate, motor vehicle and tangible personal property in the Town of North Kingstown. Additionally, the Assessor's office serves to administer exemptions, abatements and prepare tax rolls as dictated by state and local statues.
The duties performed by the Assessor's Office include, but are not limited to:
- Discover, list and value all taxable and exempt real estate, motor vehicles, and tangible personal property
- Prepare and certify the annual tax roll detailing a true and accurate account of all ratable property
- Coordinate all activities related to the 3 year property revaluation cycles, with full revaluations every 9 years and two statistical revaluations in years 3 and 6
- Administer exemptions and abatement programs
- Maintain records for property ownership for real estate and personal property
- Process parcel surveys: adjust land lines, delete or create new parcels as needed
- Receive and answer all appeals; coordinate appeal hearings and act as liaison to Assessment Board of Review
For additional information, please call Tax Assessment at 401-268-1531