File a complaint against an officer


If you want to make a civilian complaint against an officer on the North Kingstown Police Department please fill out and submit this civilian complaint package. Please make sure the package is filled out completely and write or print clearly.

Please provide as much information as possible describing what happened, where it happened and when it happened.

Please identify who was involved including witnesses and identify the police officer(s) who was involved if possible.

Please sign and date the form. Note-You may submit a complaint anonymously, however, there would be no way to follow up with you on the status of the complaint.

You may obtain a civilian complaint package:

  •  In person at the police station located at 8166 Post Rd. North Kingstown.
  •  From the North Kingstown Town Hall Clerk's office located at 100 Fairway Drive.
  •  From our Website

You may submit a civilian complaint package in the following manner:

  •  In person at the police station located at 8166 Post Rd. North Kingstown.
  •  By mail at the above address.
  •  By FAX at 294-6830 Monday thru Friday 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
  •  Please make sure the package is directed to the Internal Affairs Officer. The phone number for that office is 294-3316 ext. 8200.

If you need assistance filling out the package or have questions please contact the Internal Affairs Officer. After the complaint is received the Internal Affairs Officer will acknowledge receipt of the complaint.

If the complaint is substantiated on its merits the Internal Affairs Officer will notify you that an investigation will be conducted. You may be contacted and a request may be made for you to provide time for an interview and formal witness statement.

Upon completion of the investigation, you will be notified by mail of the outcome of the investigation and the action that was taken unless the release of that information is prohibited by the Law Enforcement Officer's Bill of Rights. 

Related Documents