The Zoning Board of Review has the power and duty to:
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative officer or agency.
- Hear and decide appeals from a party aggrieved by a decision of the Historic District Commission, pursuant to section 21-338.
- Hear and decide appeals where the Zoning Board of Review is appointed as the board of appeals for airport zoning regulation pursuant to R.I.G.L. 1956, § 1-3-19.
- Authorize, upon application, in specific cases of hardship, variances in the application of the terms of the Zoning Ordinance pursuant to Section 21-14.
- Authorize, upon application, in specific cases, special use permits, pursuant to Section 21-15, where the Zoning Board of Review is designated as a permit authority for special use permits.
- Refer matters to the Planning Commission, or other boards or agencies in the Town, as the Zoning Board of Review may deem appropriate, for findings and recommendations.
- Provide for issuance of conditional zoning approvals where a proposed application would otherwise be approved except when one or more state or federal agency approvals, which are necessary, are pending. A conditional zoning approval shall be revoked when any necessary state or federal agency approvals are not received within a specified period of time.
- Hear and decide such other matters, according to the terms of the Zoning Ordinance or other statutes, and upon which the board may be authorized to pass under the Zoning Ordinance or other statutes.
All meetings are held in the Town Hall Conference Room, 80 Boston Neck Road at 7:00 pm unless otherwise noted.