North Kingstown Transfer Station
345 Devils Foot Road
Transfer Station Foreman - Benny Hammond
Scale House Clerk: Adele Sinapi
Transfer Station Hours: Tuesday, Friday & Saturday - 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m
ELECTRONIC COLLECTION EVENT AT WICKFORD VILLAGE DAFFODIL DAYS - APRIL 30, 2017 - NOON - 4:00 P.M
Indie Cycle, LLC will host an electronic collection event at the Brown Street parking lot, Wickford on Sunday, April 30th. There may be a charge for some items. Indie Cycle will accept:
A $10.00 DISPOSAL FEE applies to laser-jet printers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, small refrigerators, water coolers, and other coolant containing appliances.
** All above should not be actively leaking. **
All items listed below accepted at no charge:
- Computers, laptops, servers, routers, and peripherals such as mice, keyboards, speakers, and microphones.
- TVs, monitors and flat screens. TVs must be whole and in tact.
- Hard drives, optical drives, motherboards, daughter boards, ram, CD ROMs, etc. We do not re-market or reuse any data storage devices.
- Inkjet printers, fax machines, typewriters, scanners, toner cartridges, cameras, calculators, and small medical equipment.
- Cell phones, cordless phones, PDA's, Ipods, and chargers.
- Auto/Marine batteries and battery backups only.
- All types of cables and wires.
- Audio/visual equipment, stereos, CD/DVD players, console gaming systems, cassette players, remote controls.
- Small household appliances like toasters, microwaves (not glass plate), toaster ovens, blenders (not glass bowls), mixers, vacuum cleaners (remove dust bag).
Not accepted: Any type of light bulb, disposable/single-use batteries, smoke or carbon monoxide detectors, glass blender bowls or microwave plates, VCR tapes or CD/Floppy disks, furniture, electric organs, heating pads/blankets, cushioned chairs, mattresses, Styrofoam, firearms, or hazardous materials such as paint or other chemicals.
NO broken or exposed TV tubes are accepted as this is considered hazardous waste and we are not certified to transport such materials. Contact RI Resource Recovery Corporation for proper disposal information.
http://www.rirrc.org/single-use-batteries for more information on how to dispose single use batteries.
MATTRESS/BOX SPRING RECYCLING PROGRAM IN RI
AT THE NORTH KINGSTOWN TRANSFER STATION:
BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS MAY NOT DROP-OFF AT ANY MUNICIPAL
MATTRESSES NOT ACCEPTED AS RECYCLABLE ARE:
Mattresses that are non-recyclable will have a $50.00 disposal fee. Residents are asked
RIGID PLASTIC Acceptance Criteria:
(Please strictly follow guidelines to help avoid load rejection)
Acceptable Plastic Items:
Buckets/pails up to 5-gal volume - metal handles are okay
Recycling/Trash Carts - axles, wheels and metal handles must be removed
Plastic trash cans
Large PET water cooler containers
Plastic election campaign signs - free of wire mounting stands
CONTAMINANTS - ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
Plastic toys and playhouses Kiddie pools/Sand boxes
PVC/plastic pipe or hose Power Tool Cases
55 gal drums Large plastic tanks - such as swimming pool filter housings
Coolers Large black flower pots
Plastic fence Plastic appliances and items containing electric motors
Gas/Petroleum/Chemical containers Styrofoam - Expanded polystyrene
Plastic pallets Automotive bumper cove
Truck bed liners
Your cooperation in using the PROPER containers for recycling is appreciated in order to reduce load contamination; load contamination means the load can no longer be recycled and disposal costs increase from $0.00 per ton to $32 per ton!
- Residential Household Waste-$1.80 per bag, only with North Kingstown Tag. Tags are sold in sheets of 5 only, at a cost of $9.00 per sheet. ONLY 16/17 purple tags.
- Commercial Household Waste (with Town license)- $1.80 per bag, only with North Kingstown Tag or $180 dollars per ton.
- Metal, brush, wood waste, demolition material, appliances (without refrigerant), and bulky items (those that do not fit in a 34 gallon bag)- $.09 per pound, with an $9.00 minimum.
- Appliances with refrigerant (e.g. refrigerator, air conditioner, freezer, and dehumidifier)- $12.50 per unit.
- Mattresses and Box Springs not eligible for recycling - $50.00 each
- Leaves and grass clippings-no charge to residents.
- Leaves and grass clippings from Commercial Customers-$9.00 per cubic yard, with an $9.00 minimum.
- Tires, without the rims (maximum of 4) $7.00 per tire.
- Empty Propane Tanks $5.00 per tank
- Recyclable materials, e.g. metal cans, plastic containers less than 2-gal (liquid ounce), glass, corrugated cardboard (flattened), newspapers, mixed paper, rigid plastics, used motor oil, batteries, used books and clothing, clean mattresses/box springs, Christmas trees (seasonal) -at no charge to residents.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW A COPY OF THE TOWN'S:
TRANSFER STATION OPERATING PLAN COMPOST OPERATIONS PLAN FACILITY RULES & REGULATIONS
Where to dispose of/recycle E-Waste:
Recycle E-waste at Office Recycling Solutions (ORS) East Greenwich Facility at 65 Rocky Hollow Road, which is off Main Street, Mon through Fri from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. For GPS purposes for driving directions use: 41 Rocky Hollow Road, East Greenwich, RI 02818
Other Drop-Off Options:
State Sponsored Program for residential TVs, monitors and computers (including laptops and tablets)ONLY: Locations:
o Johnston/RIRRC: 65 Shun Pike, Johnston. Normal Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri: 6:00 am -3:45 pm, Sat: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm.
o Narragansett: Narragansett Dept. of Public Works Maintenance Facility (DPW), 260 Westmoreland St, Narragansett.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30 am -3:30 pm.
Goodwill: Accepts computers, computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printers, etc), stereo equipment, DVD players, telephones, and small appliances like blenders, coffee makers, food processors, hair dryers, etc; NO TVs, monitors or printers.
Best Buy stores also take back TVs, monitors and other electronics, no matter where item was purchased. Call ahead to your local store to confirm they will accept your item(s). Best Buy takes three items per household per day.
Used Books for Charity Collection Available at the Transfer Station
The Town of North Kingstown is partnering with Discover Books, Books for Charity, for a charity book collection program. A container is available at the Transfer Station for residents to dispose of all hard cover and paperback books. All types of books, except encyclopedias and year books, books on tape and DVD are acceptable. Discover Books is a non-profit organization that collects books from families who no longer want them, and delivers them to children, families, schools and libraries that desperately need them. To date, Discover Books has delivered over 2 million donated books to schools, libraries and children!
For more information contact the Town's Recycling Coordinator at (401) 294-3331, ext. 601.
Gently Used Clothing & Shoe Donation Box at the Transfer Station
Planet Aid has located a donation box for gently used clothing and shoes at the Transfer Station. Planet Aid is a nonprofit organization that collects and recycles used clothes and shoes and fosters international development. Planet Aid supports projects that improve health, increase income, aid vunerable children, train teachers, and enhance the overall quality of life for people across the globe. The bright yellow box is located next to the Books for Charity collection box.