North Kingstown Transfer Station
345 Devils Foot Road
Transfer Station Foreman -
Scale House Clerk: Adele Sinapi
Transfer Station Hours: Tuesday, Friday & Saturday - 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m
TRANSFER STATION WILL BE OPEN REGULAR HOURS ON FRIDAY JANUARY 2, 2015.
RECYCLE LIVE CHRISTMAS TREES FREE OF CHARGE DECEMBER 26, 2014 THROUGH
RIGID PLASTIC DO'S & DON'TS
Do Collect: Don't:
Buckets/Drums Non-plastic materials
Garbage Cans/Totes Styrofoam
Recycling Bins PVC Pipe/Tubing
Milk Crates Vinyl Siding
Kitty litter buckets #1-7 food containers
Laundry baskets Plastic film or bags
Your cooperation in using the PROPER containers for recycling is appreciated in order to reduce load contamination; load contamination means the load can no longer be recycled and disposal costs increase from $0.00 per ton to $32 per ton!
- Residential Household Waste-$1.60 per bag, only with North Kingstown Tag. Tags are sold in sheets of 5 only, at a cost of $8.00 per sheet. ONLY 14/15 green tags.
- Commercial Household Waste (with Town license)- $1.60 per bag, only with North Kingstown Tag or $160 dollars per ton.
- Metal, brush, wood waste, demolition material, appliances (without refrigerant), and bulky items (those that do not fit in a 34 gallon bag)- $.08 per pound, with an $8.00 minimum.
- Appliances with refrigerant (e.g. refrigerator, air conditioner, freezer, and dehumidifier)- $12.50 per unit.
- Mattresses and Box Springs - $20.00 each
- Leaves and grass clippings-no charge to residents.
- Leaves and grass clippings from Commercial Customers-$8.00 per cubic yard, with an $8.00 minimum.
- Tires, without the rims (maximum of 4) $2.00 per tire.
- Empty Propane Tanks $3.00 per tank
- Recyclable materials, e.g. metal cans, plastic containers less than 2-gal (liquid ounce), glass, corrugated cardboard (flattened), newspapers, mixed paper, rigid plastics, used motor oil, batteries, used books and clothing, acceptable E-waste, Christmas trees (seasonal) -at no charge to residents.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW A COPY OF THE TOWN'S:
TRANSFER STATION OPERATING PLAN COMPOST OPERATIONS PLAN FACILITY RULES & REGULATIONS
E-Waste Disposal Program Available
The Town of North Kingstown provides an E-Waste collection program at the North Kingstown Transfer Station for the disposal of unwanted televisions and computer/electronic equipment.
Residents disposing of televisions and computer monitors are asked to stop at the Scale House for instructions on how to dispose of these items. Residents disposing of all other acceptable items are asked to drop them off with transfer station personnel at the scale house. Only those items listed will be accepted. See below for a complete list.
Used Books for Charity Collection Available at the Transfer Station
The Town of North Kingstown is partnering with Discover Books, Books for Charity, for a charity book collection program. A container is available at the Transfer Station for residents to dispose of all hard cover and paperback books. All types of books, except encyclopedias and year books, books on tape and DVD are acceptable. Discover Books is a non-profit organization that collects books from families who no longer want them, and delivers them to children, families, schools and libraries that desperately need them. To date, Discover Books has delivered over 2 million donated books to schools, libraries and children!
For more information contact the Town's Recycling Coordinator at (401) 294-3331, ext. 601.
Gently Used Clothing & Shoe Donation Box at the Transfer Station
Planet Aid has located a donation box for gently used clothing and shoes at the Transfer Station. Planet Aid is a nonprofit organization that collects and recycles used clothes and shoes and fosters international development. Planet Aid supports projects that improve health, increase income, aid vunerable children, train teachers, and enhance the overall quality of life for people across the globe. The bright yellow box is located next to the Books for Charity collection box.