Boards and Commissions
Below are links to various Town Committees, Commissions, and Boards, including their members, terms and a brief description of their charge.
If you are interested in serving on a board or commission, please fill out the Public Service Application and submit to the Town Clerk's Office.
The following Boards, Commission and Boards have vacancies:
ARTS COUNCIL: to promote and encourage programs for the development of public awareness and interest in various art forms; such as fine and performing arts, the appreciation of the colonial past, and the heritage of various ethnic groups. This Council meets the second Wednesday of each month. The appointment is for four (4) members to March 1, 2018 and two (2) members to March 1, 2019.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY BOARD: this board serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council. Its duties shall be to advise the Council on the following matters:
(1) the attraction and expansion of business, commerce, industrial and commercial development which is consistent with environmental goals, policies and standards established in
the North Kingstown Comprehensive Plan as updated and in Town ordinances and regulations;
(2) development of voluntary site and design standards for business development and expansion of existing firms, with an emphasis on the Post Road Corridor;
(3) town support for the efforts of the Quonset Point/Davisville Management Corporation and its Council representatives in an effort to deliver, in cooperation with the State,
environmentally sound and financially prudent development at Quonset Point/Davisville;
(4) appropriate development regulations in the Wickford Village, along the Post Road Corridor, other business development areas; and
(5) such other matters, which the Council may, from time to time, refer to it.
The appointment is for one (1) Second Alternate Member to December 1, 2017 to fill an unexpired term.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ADVISORY COMMITTEE: the purpose of this committee shall be to assist in establishing standards and guidelines and implementation of Information Technology initiatives, trends, IT related projects, services and methods of communication with the public. The ITAC will advise the Town Council on these initiatives and submit quarterly progress reports to the Town Council. Members of the committee shall possess a working knowledge in an Information Technology field. The Committee is comprised of:
Three (3) Subject Matter Expert Members who have expertise in a particular area or topic of Information Technology. This would be a person with special knowledge or skills in a
particular technology domain; AND
Two (2) At-Large Members who use Information Technology for their professional or personal use.
The appointment is for one (1) Alternate Expert Member to March 1, 2018 to fill an unexpired term.
Applications must be received in the Town Clerk's Office on or before April 14, 2017 for consideration by the Town Council at the April 17, 2017 Council Meeting.
Applications are also available at the Town Clerk's Office, Planning Department and Library. Applications must be received in the Town Clerk's Office.
Boards, Commission and Committee's Handbook - adopted by the Town Council January 2008.
To view Membership Rosters of all Boards and Committees see below.