To help you get around the Town and the State, whether for appointments, shopping, hospital visits or coming into the Senior Center, we can connect you to transportation services. If you have any questions, please call our Transportation Coordinator, Melissa Smith at 401-268-1590.
North Kingstown Transportation Services
- Within Town only: Please call the Transportation Coordinator at 401-268-1590.
- To: Beechwood, shopping, and medical in North Kingstown (pharmacy, office visits, labs).
- When: Monday through Friday between 10:15 a.m. - noon and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- *We cannot guarantee arrival to appointments prior to 10:30 a.m.
- Who: North Kingstown residents, ages 55+.
- Fee: No charge.
Shopping schedule - Call the Transportation Coordinator to schedule.
- To: Stop and Shop Plaza - Tuesday mornings from your home.
- To: Dave’s Marketplace in Wickford - Thursday mornings from your home.
- To: Wal-Mart - 1:00 p.m. 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from Beechwood.
State Transportation Services
Call MTM at 1-855-330-9131
- For: Non-Emergency medical appointments in Town or out of Town medical appointments, therapy, cancer treatments, kidney dialysis, adult day care, physical therapy and meal site lunches.
- Who: 60+ or individuals with disabilities who meet certain criteria.
- Fee: $2 per trip/$4 round trip.
- Two business days prior to appointment to secure ride.
RIPTA Bus Pass Program
Call 401-784-9500 or view RIPTA for information.
RIPTA Services for Americans With Disabilities Act
(ADA Paratransit Services) Call 1-800-479-6902 or view RIPTA ADA.
- For: Individuals with disabilities.
- Where: All existing RIPTA service routes with door to door service within .75 mile of a regular bus stop.
- Fee: Rate is twice the standard bus rate.
Friends in Service to Humanity (FISH) call 401-295-1121
- For: Medical and social service appointments for North Kingstown and Exeter residents.
- Where: Statewide
- Fee: No charge (Donations appreciated)
Southern Rhode Island Volunteers (SRIV)
- For: Medical & Social Service appointments for Washington County residents.