Allen Harbor Marina
COVID-19 CRISIS RESTRICTIONS
Allen Harbor Marina COVID Phase One Compliance
The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) has announced a Phase 1 reopening of marinas, boatyards, and yacht clubs. Effective May 6th Allen Harbor Marina is open for business! Due to our delayed opening we will be extending the season to November 6th 2020. Please note that our tenants and employees must follow the strict guidelines provided by the DEM for reopening.
The DEM guidelines include:
- All patrons in public spaces should wear a face covering in accordance with Governor Gina Raimondo’s Executive Order 20-24 STRICTLY ENFORCED for the protection of employees and Tenants
- Large gatherings on docks are not permitted. (Note that we will break these up if they should occur.)
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times by staying at least 6-feet away from other Tenants and Allen Harbor Marina employees.
- Common areas such as the office and the Pavilion will not be available for use until further notice.
- Only marina staff are allowed inside the shed/Quonset hut & office, to be strictly enforced.
- Transient Moorings are not available for out of State Residents until further notice
- Marinas may provide support to vessels under quarantine: pump out, provisioning.
- Bathroom amenities are for tenants and employees only. There will be a more rigorous cleaning schedule for these facilities.
- If you live outside of Rhode Island, and you are an Allen Harbor Marina Tenant, you may come to visit or work on your boat. A face mask must be worn and all other rules above apply. The boat is not allowed to leave the slip for recreational use at this time. You are required to return to your home state after your work or visit is complete.
For full details on the DEM Phase 1 plan, please visit: http://rimta.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Marina-and-Boatyard-Guidance-43020.pdf
We are hopeful that the DEM Phase 2 plan will be released soon and will keep you informed of any changes.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us 401-486-6126 or email@example.com
**Call for availability for Slips and Moorings for the 2020 Boating Season. Call today for information - 401-486-6126**
In the northeast corner of the former Quonset-Davisville Naval Base is the Allen Harbor Marina, located in a natural sheltered harbor with excellent views of Narragansett Bay. Acquired from the Navy, the Town owns and operates the Marina, that includes 82 moorings, 115 slips and 3 transient moorings. In addition a boat ramp is available for public use.
The seasonal staff is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the busy boat ramp and the Marina that is open from May through October. Their chief task is to provide well maintained facilities for the community to enjoy the recreational opportunities of the area.
Make your payments online on our payment website.
- The ramp at Allen Harbor Marina is open year round and free of charge. Parking is free of charge.
- The new ramp at Allen Harbor was partially paid for by a Federal and State grant. The ramp still belongs to the Town of North Kingstown and is managed by the Allen Harbor Marina staff.
- Previously a wash down station was available to boaters, the wash down station is now closed.
- Allen Harbor Marina is closed for the winter from mid-December through March. Marina staff returns in April. For information during the winter, please email or leave a message on our winter phone line, 401-486-6126
- For immediate assistance during off season you can always call the North Kingstown Recreation Department at 401-268-1540
Please do not hesitate to contact Allen Harbor Marina if you have any further questions.